So, here we are again. Another day, another AI writing tool claimed to revolutionize our lives one keystroke at a time. This week on the chopping block? HyperWrite AI.
We’ll prod it, poke it and push it to its limits to answer one simple question: is HyperWrite AI worthy of your attention?
Rest assured, there won’t be any overdramatic “this changed my life!” or “I made a million dollars,” followed by a “Here’s my affiliate link to buy it.” No, we’re here for an honest, level-headed assessment.
We’ll look at the features, performance, templates, and more.
Hyperwrite AI review summary
HyperWrite AI is powered by Open AI’s GPT AI models like GPT 3.5 and GPT4. It has some unique features like personalized writing style, personal assistant, and TypeAhead that can boost your productivity. The price is also affordable. However, it falls short in terms of output quality, template variety, user experience, and flexibility compared to similar AI tools. Plus, the UI and implementation were clunky. I’d recommend Jasper AI over Hyperwrite.
Hyperwrite feature deep dive
Let’s dive into HyperWrite AI and see what it has to offer.
Hyperwrite document editor
The document editor is a long-form Google Docs-style editor. It’s much more flexible than the form-based AI templates, where you fill in pre-set fields. Hyperwriter’s long-form editor has both positives and negatives.
Pros of the document editor:
- A lot of context: Hyperwrite lets you instruct the AI on what your document is about. The extra details will keep the AI from going off-topic. You can specify the main topic, key information, sentence length, document category, and additional details.
- Access to Autowrite, AI chat, and AI templates: You can access AI chat and AI templates without leaving the document.
- Collapsable sidebar: The side panel on the right-hand side with tools and templates is collapsible, giving you a distraction-free writing mode when you’re in the flow and don’t need the AI assist.
- Mimic your style: Hyperwrite allows you to paste your text to train the AI to imitate your writing style. This is great for maintaining a consistent brand voice.
- TypeAhead mode: The AI-powered writing assistant predicts words and phrases as you type — a nifty way to boost your productivity.
Cons of the document editor:
- Complicated user interface: The design is not very intuitive. It’s not very apparent that you can set the context for your document. You have to click “customize document settings” to set the AI output length at the document level, which is a pain because sometimes the length of the output text needs to be adjusted.
- Slow output speed: HyperWrite AI isn’t the fastest out there when it comes to generating output. It can take a few seconds to write a sentence. This delay can add up and slow down your entire blogging workflow.
- No version history: HyperWrite AI doesn’t have version history, so you’re out of luck if you make a mistake or need to revert to an earlier document version.
Hyperwrite AI tools
HyperWrite offers a lot of the tools that have now become table stakes for most AI writing tools. You have the basics like paraphraser, summarizer, blog writer, social media, email, and website copy generator. Plus, you get some fun templates like grocery list writer, sous-chef, greeting card writer, technical translator, and value ladder generator.
Here are some of the other AI tools offered by HyperWrite:
- AutoWrite: This tool uses AI to help you write or create anything you need assistance with.
- Explain Like I’m 5: Simplify complex topics to make them easier to understand.
- Email Responder: Generate well-written replies based on received emails and short responses.
- Magic Editor: Edit documents or messages to enhance clarity, tone, and style.
- AI Speech Writer: Generate speeches using outlines, descriptions, topics, sources, or quotes.
- Universal Translator: Accurately translate text between languages using AI technology.
- Proposal Generator: Generate detailed business proposals based on company names and proposal descriptions.
- Discussion Board Response Generator: Provide AI-generated responses to discussion board questions or prompts.
- Flexible Link Assistant: It crawls and reads the link you give and completes your command based on the information it finds. For example, summarize a long blog article.
These are just a few examples of the many tools provided by HyperWrite. You can also build custom tools. You can choose the input fields, define the result, and give an example for your new AI tool. You can publish it as a community tool and make it available to all users.
HyperWrite Google Chrome extension
The HyperWrite Chrome extension is a powerful tool that brings AI-powered writing assistance to your favorite websites. Whether you’re composing emails, working on documents, or browsing the web, the HyperWrite extension seamlessly integrates into your workflow.
If you’ve enabled the Chrome extension, you can use the TypeAhead feature in any editor or app you use. It also adds the command bar to shorten, expand and rewrite your text in different tones. You’ll have the HyperWrite icon as a floating button in the top right corner of your screen. When you click on it, it opens up all tools, chat, and Autowrite features.
Install the HyperWrite Chrome extension from the Chrome Web Store to get started. It seamlessly integrates into your browser and enhances your writing experience across multiple websites.
HyperWrite’s Flexible AutoWrite is a versatile writing assistant. It can help in any writing task, whether you’re crafting an engaging email, generating a blog post outline, generating creative story ideas, or creating catchy social media captions. Using advanced AI models, like GPT-4 and ChatGPT, the tool analyzes your input and generates relevant, well-written content. The tool is suitable for personal and professional use because of its flexibility.
Unique features in HyperWrite:
Here are some of the unique features that are not common in other AI writing tools:
- TypeAhead feature: HyperWrite’s TypeAhead feature is mentioned as one of its standout features. It makes context-aware suggestions when you type, saving time and providing inspiration for your writing.
- HyperChat: HyperChat is similar to ChatGPT or Jasper Chat. It allows users to interact with AI using a chatbot interface. It can be accessed as a standalone tool or from the document editor.
- Personalized learning: One of the standout features of the extension is its ability to learn from your writing style and preferences. It will learn and adapt to your writing style over time, making it feel more personalized.
- Community templates: While HyperWrite may have fewer built-in templates compared to some other tools, it compensates with community-built templates. You can access templates created by the community or create your own based on your writing need.
- HyperWrite personal assistant: The AI assistant is designed to help with various tasks, like managing emails, researching, booking flights, and ordering food. It aims to automate everyday tasks. The assistant didn’t fare well in my testing, but I have to cut them some slack because it’s in the early stage of development. It was interesting to see how AI will integrate into our daily life once the technology matures. I can definitely see it enhancing our productivity.
- Personal database: HyperWrite’s Personal Database is a powerful feature for storing and organizing your writing style preferences. It allows you to teach the AI your writing style by scanning external documents you want to use as a reference.
- Built-in plagiarism checker: HyperWrite comes with a built-in plagiarism checker, which can be accessed from the document editor. It’s a great feature to make sure your content is original — especially if you work with freelance content writers.
Cons compared to other AI writing tools
- Output Quality: The output quality of Jasper AI is much higher compared to HyperWrite. It’s probably due to the fine-tuning of the Open AI API.
- No pre-set brand tones: While you can add the reference text at the document level, it’s more cumbersome compared to the brand voice feature in Jasper AI. Jasper allows you to switch between brand tones with a single click.
- No instant campaigns: This is a feature that I find very useful in Jasper AI. You can instantly create all the creatives for your brand campaign by adding your campaign brief and choosing the assets you want.
- Fewer built-in Templates: HyperWrite has fewer built-in templates when compared to popular AI writers. And the templates are a mixed bag. Not all of them are marketing or business oriented.
- Complicated user interface: I found the HyperWrite UI quite clunky compared to other tools I’ve tried.
- No SEO integrations: HyperWrite doesn’t have any SEO features and doesn’t directly integrate with any SEO tools like Frase.
HyperWrite compared to alternatives
HyperWrite vs. Jasper AI
Jasper AI is better in all aspects compared to HyperWrite. Jasper has more templates, flexibility, brand voice features, specific content workflows, and instant campaign asset generation features. The output quality is also much better compared to HyperWrite.
HyperWrite vs. ChatGPT
While HyperWrite and ChatGPT offer different experiences, I find that ChatGPT generally produces higher-quality output. The plugin ecosystem in ChatGPT makes it better value for money if you’re okay with the Chatbot interface that ChatGPT is available in. However, HyperWrite will be better if you want to use AI on external websites, want a long-form editor, and need pre-trained content templates.
HyperWrite vs. Grammarly
It’s not a fair comparison because Grammarly is a dedicated AI-powered grammar checker, and HyperWrite is more of a content generator. HyperWrite has a grammar checker tool, but it’s a far cry from Grammarly.
Here are some related articles that talk about other AI writing software:
- Jasper AI vs. Copy AI
- Jasper AI vs. Writesonic
- Frase.io vs. Jasper AI
- Jasper AI vs. ChatGPT
- Jasper AI vs. Rytr
HyperWrite AI offers three pricing models: Starter, Premium, and Ultra. Here’s a breakdown of each plan:
- Free forever
- 15 Generations per month
- 500 TypeAheads per day
- 15 Rewrites per month
- Unlimited Generations
- Unlimited TypeAheads
- Unlimited Rewrites per month
- 400 Assistant Actions per month (each message the assistant sends counts as an action.)
- Everything in the Premium plan
- Longer-term AI memory
- Up to 7000 character inputs
- Priority support
- Longer Generations
- 1000 Assistant Actions per month (each message the assistant sends counts as an action.)
Each plan comes with different features and limitations. The free Starter plan provides limited access to basic AI capabilities. Upgrading to the Premium or Ultra plans unlocks unlimited access and more advanced AI to generate higher-quality writing.